[Olsr-dev] Compressing OLSRd messages

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 17 21:16:08 CEST 2011

Am Sonntag 17 April 2011, 20:59:58 schrieb Amadeus:
> Hi,
>
> I'm forwarding this message to you guys from our local Freifunk
> community in Chemnitz. This abstract is about making plans for
> compressing OLSRd payload using address compression and other tricks in
> order to be more efficient even on poor links like GPRS connections.
Please look at RFC 5444. which contains the new packet format for OLSRv2.

It already contains most of the ideas mentioned in your mail, and I have
already written a generic parser/generator that can compress the data
automatically.

We really do not want to create another propietary packet format.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.