[Olsr-dev] OLSRd on Android

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 6 08:06:12 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 06 April 2011 07:53:53 C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 April 2011 06:19:02 C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> >> I'm exploring the use of Android as a base OS for the next version of
> >> the One Laptop Per Child software stack.  (More details:
> >> http://cananian.livejournal.com/62667.html ).
> >> Can someone give me a quick update on the status of the Android port
> >> of OLSRd?  I'd be  interested in wrapping the work-to-date with a
> >> friendly OLPC-style configurator or visualization of the mesh.
> >
> > Just compile it with the NDK of google and it should run on a rooted
> > android phone.
>
> What configuration or tuning is necessary to get it going?  Presumably
> it's still a command-line program?
Yes, it is...

with the current stable, you could run it without a configuration file, just
with the option "-i <interfacename>". But you have to switch your WLAN
interface to adhoc mode first.

You will find an android makefile and some tips to get it running in the current
stable code:
http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=blob_plain;f=make/Makefile.android;hb=stable

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE