[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.6.0 with ETT available

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 30 14:02:25 CEST 2010

On Thu September 30 2010 13:33:02 Erik Tromp wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to announce the availability of a new OLSR-LC release, which has
> been based on the most recent version of OLSRd (0.6.0).
>
> The download can be found at:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/olsr-lc
>
> The most important change in this version was done in the link-probing
> plugin, which was updated to fit into the link quality plugin mechanism.
>
> If you have any questions, remarks or suggestions, feel free to contact me!
I have a question on your encoding of the ETT values in the Hello/TC messages.

In the HELLO messages you seem to be using a 5 byte encoding. OLSR messages
have to be 4-byte aligned, so you want to add 3 bytes of padding there. It
might crash your nodes on an ARM/MIPS cpu otherwise.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE