[Olsr-dev] mac80211 / link-bandwith from userland forcostcalculation / plugin

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 13 15:32:41 CEST 2010

> > maybe there is no need for link-loss (and therefore
> > combining), because minstrel already finds the "best" rate?
> > (but needs some data-transfer in regular intervals)

> This would only work if you send some IP packets over every
> discovered unicast link every few seconds. Not difficult to do, but
> without traffic on the link minstrel does not work.

hmm, it should be ok, to send every minute some small unicast-packets - the higher the rate, the more often we can send a packet.
(so we do not waste time on 1mbit-links, but its not a problem on an 48mbit-link to have some data every 10? seconds)

bye, Bastian