[Olsr-dev] MainIp and SrcIpRoutes do not work

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 5 09:46:35 CEST 2010

Am Freitag 03 September 2010, 10:56:46 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> I remember discussion about that from Wireless Summit this year. I do
> not remember details but maybe Henning can fill them in. But yes,
> there were some problems how to force source IP in IPv6 if you have
> multiple possible IPv6 gateways so that your proper IPv6 address gets
> there so that it can be routed back. Or something.
The problem with source-IP and IPv6 is that you cannot set the source IP of a
packet in the route on the source node. IPv6 does not allow this.

I think the best way in the future might be to configure ALL olsr interfaces
with the same net-global IP (the OLSR main IP) and use the linklocal IPs for
connecting the neighbor nodes. This should work, but it needs more testing.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.