[Olsr-dev] MainIp and SrcIpRoutes do not work

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 3 09:31:39 CEST 2010

as i have doubts that "prefsrc" would work with ipv6, afair with 2.6.27
kernel it will not (but this is infact an "extremely" old kernel)

furthermore afair ipv6 source ip selection is more "complex" than with ipv4,
so maybe setting it manually will never work the same way as with ipv4,..

and with ipv6 the patch would have been longer than 1 loc *G

as afaics the code in cfgparser/oparse.y:1344 will not allow to set an
MainIp that`s if olsrd is configured for ipv6 anyways,..

and as all of my mails/patches regaqrding this topic were written/made on an
3" screen,..
and so i neither wanted to write more code, nor test it (with ipv6),..

but if you know that it will work, and will not cause severe problems with
older 2.6.x kernels, feel free to commit a patch, afaics the routing code
will set "prefsrc" regardless of inet family

p.s. at least ip utility on an 2.6.31 system still did not create (or at
least not print out) an route with specified source ip
$ sudo ip -6 route add fe80::/128 dev eth2 src fe80::54b7:c5ff:fe63:dd81
$ ip -6 route
fe80:: dev eth2 metric 1024 mtu 1500 advmss 1440 hoplimit 4294967295

doing the same with ipv4 would show you the source ip since ~ 10 years