[Olsr-dev] [OLSRD energy consumption ]

Lakatos-Tóth Pál (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 5 13:32:42 CEST 2010

Dear OLSRD Developers,

I write this letter, because I want to ask for advice in the topic of OLSR
Energy consumption measurement. We develop a framework, which is simulating
an ARM platform and can run a virtual linux, where the olsrd is running. We
can simulate some nodes, which can communicate with each other and we would
like to measure the energy consumption of OLSRD. We have a plan about
measuring , but we need to insert special instructions to the source code
 of the daemon, which signals the entry and exit points of these high-level
functional blocks, because we would like to analyze deeply what is  really
happen inside of OLSRD. If it is possible we would like to ask for some
hints about the interesting parts of the protocol. Since the developers are
the most familiar with the code it could be interesting to gather some
useful information where to place these labels. Basically this labeling will
create a high level infromation mapping with the measured energy values, so
we can directly read from diagrams what was being done during an energy
consumption change.

Thanks in advance,

Lakatos-Toth Pal
University of Szeged, Department of Software Engineering - Wireless Lab

--

Lakatos-Tóth Pál
Software Engineer