[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.6.0 with ETT available

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 5 12:34:02 CEST 2010

On Tue October 5 2010 11:32:27 Teco Boot wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I'll re-evaluate this.
>
> We updated old version a bit:
>  - add more bandwidth values
>  - added hysteresis
>  - speed up convergence
> These made the plugin more useful.
> I'll get updated this version and send patches later on.
Did you add the padding to the packet format ?

> I have some ideas to improve the concept. To list a few:
>  - remove distinct data rate values completely
Maybe using some exponential encoded value instead ?

>  - use first measurements instead of (possibly very wrong) default
>  - auto-calibrate RSSI. This implies passive probing.
>  - combine measured cost with ETX
>
> Can we transform this to a lq-lc plugin?
Yes, this should be possible easily I think.

> Then, add this in the repository?
If it does not need any change in the core, it would be okay to put it into
the stable branch to allow experimentation with it. Unfortunately the OLSRv2
work in the master branch only continues slowly.

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0