[Olsr-dev] Poor routing performance

Mitar (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 10 18:30:40 CET 2010

Hi!

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Markus Kittenberger
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> i just pointet out, that the os-specific parts of olsrd`s routing code (that
> lives inside the olsr_ioctl_add_route() ), can not use any infrastructure of
> the os-unspecific olsrd-core at the moment to try it later,.. (it can only
> try again immediately, but not later)

I am not saying that it should be in os-unspecific part of the code.
No, there is no need for that. It can be in os-specific part and just
try again immediately.

> but before thinking about this i would like to see a EAGAIN error,..

Yes, EAGAIN is not so often and it depends on current configuration of
file descriptor. EINTR is much more often (common?) if you use
signals.

> especially as there are no ioctl functions involved!

But there is write function which at least in my page has:

EAGAIN The file descriptor fd has been marked non-blocking
(O_NONBLOCK) and the write would block.

EINTR  The call was interrupted by a signal before any data was
written; see signal(7).

So, wrapping write calls to netlink socket in os-specific (Linux) part
of code would not be so hard to add. But I agree, when there will be
reason for that.

Mitar