[Olsr-dev] HNA announces and txtinfo plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri May 21 22:32:22 CEST 2010

Am Freitag 21 Mai 2010, 20:55:27 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Markus Kittenberger
>
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > an olsrd node will "absolutely" ignore remote hnas it announces itself
> > aswell,..
> > as the local one will always have better costs than any remote one *G
> > and the "easiest" way to never even have to calculate wether local is
> > nearer than anything else, is simply ignoring informations about
> > identical remote hnas when parsing packets,..
> > (as side effect they are even not visible in txtinfo,..)
>
> Could this be made a compilation switch? Because for example we are
> running txtinfo on a server where CPU is not so limited as on embedded
> systems so we would not mind redundant checks a little bit. But we do
> mind that we are not able to see if anybody else announces the same
> (let say important) HNA as we do on the server.

We tried to do this for 0.6.0, but had some strange problems with it. Because
it wasn't that important we did not put too much time into it. You will find
my experimental patch at
http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=commit;h=12c049986c39d9536f38bfed4b22ed2da63edc91
and Sven-Olas try to get the bug out of it at
http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=commit;h=2b057d87a97e5c5f4045428628d59e709099efa0

we reverted the whole thing because one commit later. If you would like to fix
this patches, we can reintegrate them or push them to the master branch.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized