[Olsr-dev] socket

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 27 17:45:07 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag 27 Juni 2010, 17:38:16 schrieb ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto):
> > Immediate sockets will trigger as soon as it's possible, even outside the
> > polling. The BMF plugin (in 0.6.0) use this sockets to forward the
> > multicast traffic.
>
> Wow I did not know about this !
>
> So I guess I should asap patch the OBAMP plugin, because now I have to
> run OLSR with PollRate 0.001 (1ms) to have it working correctly !!
>
> http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=blob;f=lib/obamp/src/obamp.c;h=286df98c0
> 5cee6fe186c988747dff063343e35c5;hb=master#l240
>
> If I go for "immediate" sockets I don't have to tune the PollRate maybe ?
Yes.
It would not work for the mDNS plugin (because it use OLSR packets), but it
should work for OBAMP. We ported the master branch scheduler to 0.6.0 for the
BMF to get this "immediate" socket feature.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized