[Olsr-dev] Branching and merging strategy

Erik Tromp (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 27 10:52:02 CEST 2010

Shall I do the merge myself? Just of bmf, that is; I don't think I could
merge
all the code.

Erik

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Henning Rogge [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Verzonden: zondag 27 juni 2010 10:42
Aan: (spam-protected)
CC: Erik Tromp
Onderwerp: Re: [Olsr-dev] Branching and merging strategy

Am Sonntag 27 Juni 2010, 10:37:49 schrieb Erik Tromp:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the git repository. What is the
> branching/merging strategy?
>
> I see bmf version 1.7.0 in the 'stable' branch, but the 'master'
> branch is still on 1.5.3 . Shouln't the master branch be updated to
> the latest version in 'stable' from time to time? And the other way
> round also, I assume?
>
> There seems to be a very big difference between the lastest on
> 'stable' and the latest on 'master'. Is that ok?
There are still lot's of bugfixes from the stable branch which have to be
ported into the master branch by hand (to much difference). We will port the
plugin to the master branch too.

As soon as we have a current master branch, I will try to make sure that
stable/master stay close enough together that we can use automatic merge.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
- The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized