[Olsr-dev] Master tree: all routers segmentation fault when 1 node leaves the network.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 13 16:41:52 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag 08 Juni 2010, 23:19:56 schrieb ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto):
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on the development tree and I found a bug that I cannot
> exactly reproduce.
>
> I'm running a network in my virtual environment with 7 routers, and
> when 1 (any) of the routers stops, all the other 6 nodes will have a
> segmentation fault after about 30 seconds.
>
> From this file it is easy to understand the topology, where every OLSR
> router has some interfaces attached to some collision domain:
> https://svn.ninux.org/ninuxdeveloping/browser/obamp-netkitlab/lab.conf
>
> I'm running OLSR into gdb, at the end of the email a couple of
> different backtraces I found. Once I also had a segmentation fault on
> ip4cmp function but I did not cut and paste and I was not able to
> reproduce it.
>
> I will fill a bug on tracker soon... first I wanted to understand if
> it was more reproducible...
I just pushed a huge commit that should resolve all this small problems with
the tc_set. Valgrind is quiet now and the code has become a little bit
cleaner.

I made some changes that propagated to the plugins (I renamed the link_set
function get_best_link_to_neighbor() to get_best_link_to_neighbor_ip()), so
please pull the changes into your development repositories.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized