[Olsr-dev] adding latitude/longitude to txtinfo plugin

Mitar (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 10 01:34:31 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Robert Wuttke <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I am working on a software for recording
> live topologies of mesh-networks and so that I can then later "replay"
> the changes in that mesh within an emulated testbest.

Interesting. We (Charles and me, working on a GSoC project) have also
defined this as a goal in our MeshApp application for mobile devices:

http://wlan-lj.net/wiki/Podrobnosti/MeshApp

So the idea is that you can move around the network with your mobile
phone and that it records how the topology were adapting to this.

OK. I thought that it would be a problem linking nameservice and
txtinfo plugin. So we will have to parse JS file manually. Is there a
way to force JS file write (so that we would say to nameservice plugin
to write down to JS file all coordinates and then we would read that
file)? Or is there a better way to retrieve coordinates of other
nodes?

One other thing Charles mentioned. Would it be possible to add another
parameter to lat/long pair? Namely precision. Sometimes (especially in
mobile devices) GPS coordinate is not always available, but some good
approximation is. And mostly you know how approximate this
approximation is. So adding this parameter would benefit precision of
collected data for later analysis.

Mitar