[Olsr-dev] Client Roaming Plugin (Raphael)

Raphael (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 31 16:10:54 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Source is available at http://github.com/ralisi/olsrd_cl_roam
>
> please cleanup your README, to encourage us.

The git repository there is a fork of the whole olsrd-repository, so
most files do not represent the plugin.
I added a small how-to-use-section on this wiki-page:
http://wiki.freifunk.net/Client_Roaming
ooops, I know what you mean. README_CL_ROAM updated(copied from wiki)

> Very interesting plugin.
> ATM we have similar function, but another approach: openVPN bridges.
so you simply you create a bridge between the vpn-interface and the
public wifi-interface?
I am very interested in this. any more information?

> Which wifi/SIP-phones you wan't to use?
I had quite some discussion with marc and markus about voip and
roaming. I did not have voip on particular on my mind when I started
coding, and it is questionable to archive a handover-time which is
acceptable for voip, on this way.

So lets see how well it works and if it is suitable for voip-calls or
only for web-browsing and instant-messaging.

> bye, Bastian

//Raphael