[Olsr-dev] SOURCE_IP_ROUTES patch and router-id

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 28 14:32:41 CET 2010

Hi,

I am looking into the SOURCE_IP_ROUTES in 0.5.6-r8 and see that first
interface address is used as router ID. As this might change if an
interface goes down (but router ID should never change) how should this
be handled ?

Adding a loopback interface would not work as olsrd currently ignores
all loopback interfaces (if I am reading the code right) and as such
would not use it for its primary IP. Is there a way to fix the router ID
that olsrd uses so it stays the same no matter what interfaces are up or
down ?

Or a better question - is this doable with stock 0.5.6-r8 or do I have
to make a patch for it ? In the latter case, what is the best part where
this should be done ? I see that source-ip is set in
linux/kernel_routes.c and there is also a comment about this becoming a
configuration option in later releases. Adding such information to the
config file seems a trivial modification, so is this the best way to do
it ?

Best regards,
Jernej Kos.
--