[Olsr-dev] Client Roaming Plugin

Raphael (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 21 11:55:35 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Markus Kittenberger
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

>>> how do you "send" the new hna?
>>> and which timeouot do your hna messages have?
>>
>> I add a new hna with "ip_prefix_list_add" and have a static timeout in
>> olsrd.conf of 10 seconds. When the, lets call the client "phone" now,
>> is no longer reachable, I call  "ip_prefix_list_remove".
>>
> for a large mesh this (short intervall) might not work out well
>
> hmm what hna interval did you choose?
1 second. I am aware that this interval is only useful for a testing
environment.

>>> i guess u already implemented some method to drop the packets on all
>>> masters
>>> that are not the actual "master" of this client, as otherwise we end up
>>> with
>>> duplicate packets with having multiple masters on same mac and ip.
>>>
>> I am not sure what you mean by this, because there is always only one
>> station with this mac&ip in reach.
>

> hmm i (was thinking of adhoc mode) while you probably seperate your networks
> over the (b)ssid of your master-aps, so one master-ap will never get a
> packet from a client not connected/associated to him.
right, i use different bssids.

> if so i´m wondering if the same mac has much benefits, as after leaving one
> ap and choosing another, the device might clear the routing and neighbour
> entries associated with its wireless interface, ands starts another dhcp
> request. (but maybe it doesnt`t)

I tried it. If we change from one accesspoint to another(with a
different bssid), the client does absolutely nothing. There are no
DHCP-requests anything else. You can compare it to networks, where
wireless and wired network are bridged. You can change the
accesspoint, but everything else, on higher layers, stays the same.

//Raphael