[Olsr-dev] MinTCVTime?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 11 08:03:35 CET 2010

On Mon January 11 2010 06:31:44 Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As written in changlelog, I am asking on the mailing list: what is
> MinTCVTime used for?
The Berlin Freifunk network has/had the problem that there are lot's of nodes
which have a too low VTime for their TCs compared to their TC-generation
interval.
One of the 0.5.6 releases fixed a bug that prevented TCs to timeout in some
cases.

After this bugfix the Berlin FF network became MORE instable because routes to
the badly configured network time out every few minutes. To create an upgrade
path we created the MinTCVTime setting which allows a node to (locally)
overwrite the incoming TC VTimes with a minimum setting. This can be used in
static networks to preventing the timeout problem of links.

The setting will most likely be NOT available in 0.6.0.

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-263,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0