[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.6-R8

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 10 21:06:14 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

during the last months our plans for the OLSRd 0.5.6 branch changed a little
bit. Because of not enough people working on the project the 0.6.0 release is
most likely at least a year away. Because there are some features which are
necessary for the community at the moment, we will release two more 0.5.6
releases with new features.

This is the 0.5.6-R8 release. It introduce working options to set the source
and destination IP of the OLSR packets (both for IPv4 and IPv6) and a more
flexible handling config handling.

The config parser recognize a new section called "InterfaceDefaults", which
will (as the name says) set default settings for all interfaces (which can be
overwritten in the specific sections) and allow using multiple config files
(just use multiple "-f <cfgfile>" arguments). Just be careful to set the IP-
version EARLY in the first config file. Setting it from the command line will
not work well.

In addition to this R8 contains a number of bug fixes including a fix for a
MID related memory leak that has been around at least since OLSRd 0.4.10 (but
got worse because of some changes in 0.5.6-R7).

Tarballs will be available later today on the olsr.org webpage. The
'OLSRD_0_5_6_R8' tag in the git repository has been signed with GPG.

You can get the R8 release directly from our git repository.

git clone git://olsr.org/olsrd.git
git checkout OLSRD_0_5_6_R8
git tag -v OLSRD_0_5_6_R8

Henning Rogge