[Olsr-dev] "Secure" Mesh networks

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 8 17:42:29 CET 2010

Am Sonntag 07 Februar 2010 22:12:43 schrieb John Barrett:
> I'm looking at a few ideas for setting up secured mesh networks and was
> wondering what, if any, discussion has already taken place on the subject.
Yes, we had some discussions (on and off the list) about security.

> My goal is NOT 100% security, crypto overhead would kill the performance
> of the mesh. I just need "good enough" to keep casual nodes out of the
> mesh, and a reasonable chance of keeping your run of the mill hacker
> blocked out.
The first step would be to define what kind of attacker you want to battle.

Someone outside the net overhearing your traffic ? Someone inside manipulating
it ? Someone outside/inside manipulating the routing ?

It depends on the scenario what kind of security do you need.

Henning Rogge