[Olsr-dev] Patch for dyn_gw plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 3 12:36:50 CET 2010

On Wed February 3 2010 11:23:42 Teco Boot wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> I repaired the dyn_gw and performed basic testing.
> Can you add this in the repository?
Done.

> You asked:
> >Anyone else has an idea why the dyn_gw plugin is
> >usable for some Freifunk usecases ?
>
> Maybe someone wants to publish the default gateway conditionally.
> The ping check is a nice to have.
>
> I am going to use a more sophisticated check. That is why I don't
> need the ping test. The Ping parameter is not mandatory, but the
> thread is set up.
> Put effort in removal of the unused thread?
If it's possible to remove the thread and use asynchronous communication with
the ping we would be really happy. Multithreading in plugins can be a pain in
the.....

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-263,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0