[Olsr-dev] olsrd-0.6.1 deletes default route on MacOS X

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 10 09:37:46 CET 2010

On Thu December 9 2010 15:23:56 Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
> I can confirn it also on linux, using olsrd + niit 0.0.0.0/0 and
> 0::ffff:0:0/96 disappear from route tables
>
> You have to announce that routes as hna to make it not disappear, that is
> only a workaround but you are "forced" to share you internet...
I am not even sure this is a "bug"...

if you don't setup a HNA then OLSR might set/remove the route because other
nodes have a HNA setting. This is necessary, without this the forwarding of
HNAs would not work.

On linux you can prevent this by telling OLSRd to put his own routes into
different routing tables and setup policy routes so that the local HNA 0/0
route has priority over the OLSRd HNA 0/0.

I am not sure if this is possible in BSD.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE