[Olsr-dev] plugin initialisation

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 8 17:18:04 CET 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 09:26:08 Ferry Huberts wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 09:15 AM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm writing a plugin and have a question about plugin initialisation:
> > it seems that the return value of the plugin init function is not
> > checked in plugin_loader::init_olsr_plugin on line 303.
> >
> > Is this on purpose or an oversight?
> >
> > My plugin can fail init but currently olsrd still starts up in that case.
>
> PS. this is on stable
>
> the function definition is in plugin_loader.h, line 52
I think the problem is that there is no good reaction at the moment for a
failed initialization. If the plugin author (you for example) knows that OLSRd
cannot work without the plugin, then he can just call olsr_exit() to stop the
initialization process.

We have been thinking about a "fail fast startup" parameter for 0.7.0, which
would kill OLSRd in reaction to the result of initialization.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.