[Olsr-dev] etx

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Aug 17 09:25:20 CEST 2010

On Mon August 16 2010 21:28:29 Airton Ishimori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm implementing a "new etx". The calculate of the etx is the same, but I'm
> introducing some modifications in the etx based in window (as the
> etx_ffetch) implemented into olsrd-0.6. Basically, the "new etx" don't
> based in the windows, the calculate is based in the moving average
> techinique and time information to calculate the new etx.
Can you compare your implementation to etx_fpm/etx_float ? Both are moving
average implementations of ETX.

etxff_eth is an experimental ETX that handles "perfect" ethernet connections
as a special "ETX 0.1" case. It's incompatible with the other ETX
implementations.

> But the new etx is it "crazy", that is, I mean ... the NLQ is always 0, as
> if the memorize foreigen hello function not working or the repository not
> working to register the link quality information. Anybody know, what is
> happening?
Most likely you mixed up code from etx_ff/etx_fpm/etx_float with code from
etx_ffeth. They use a different packet format to prevent accidental mixing
(which could create stable routing loops).

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE