[Olsr-dev] Short netmask lenghts

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Aug 10 12:55:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 18:55 +0200, Teco Boot wrote:
[..]
> But since this update, we experience problems with the functions in
> ipcalc.

Which function?

> I guess the limitation was there for a long time.

"Old" code tends to be more bug free than newer.

> (I can't decode this piece of C myself, Caspar told me the functions
> don't work for shorter than /8)

Perhaps Caspar could tell you the next time a concrete failing example
(read: function call or the like) with the parameters, expected and
actual result.
Just running around and pointing a finger to some random code doesn't
help much.

> We can adjust the ipcalc functions and try to get things stable.

This assumes the the functions in ipcalc.c are actually broken - which
has no one really proved yet.
Maybe there is a bug in there but it is much easier (and time saving) if
the bug report is somewhat more detailed than "I have been told that the
functions in $FILE are buggy for certain cases."

	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at