[Olsr-dev] Short netmask lenghts

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Mon Aug 9 18:55:46 CEST 2010

Hi Henning,

I used also the /1 for a while.
Now I want to add /2. So I'll have 3 def.gw prio's (/0, /1 and /2).

Linux has problems with multiple, independent same routes (0/0 to different next_hops, maintained independently).
Now I use different metrics:
 metric=0    # DHCP from eth1
 metric=1    # from ppp ip-up / ip-down scripts
 metric=2    # from olsrd
We run daemon promoting the def.gw to /1 or /2, with some policies (satcom, adsl or 3G, signal quality).
The dyn_gw is adjusted for handling metrics 0 _and_ 1.

But since this update, we experience problems with the functions in ipcalc.
I guess the limitation was there for a long time.
(I can't decode this piece of C myself, Caspar told me the functions don't work for shorter than /8)

We can adjust the ipcalc functions and try to get things stable.

Teco

Op 9 aug 2010, om 17:14 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven: