[Olsr-dev] GSoC 2010 - Olsrd questions for Freimap

Pilla Stefano (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 5 13:16:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

Il giorno 05/ago/2010, alle ore 10.18, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> ha scritto:

> On Wed August 4 2010 23:54:55 Pilla Stefano wrote:
>>

>> Question 1)
>> I need to read the information of the httpinfo plugin like for example
>> routing table, active plugins, etc... In particular I need something
>> like a txt file or a xml file so I can parse it and reuse it in my
>> application.
>> (I already do this with the dotdrawplugin simply opening a socket to the
>> 2004 port and parsing the output)
>>
>> It is possibile to do the same thing with the httpinfo plugin?
> I would not use the httpinfo plugin, it's a little bit buggy and the http
> output is not designed to be machine readable. Try to use the txtinfo plugin
> if you need more than the dotdraw plugin.

Ok i will try txtinfo plugin....thanks.

>> Question 2 - 3 - 4)
>>
>> I need to read the lat/lon position from nameservice plugin of a
>> particular node given by the olsrd topology (dotdraw plugin) so what I
>> have to do is:
>>
>> 1) check if the nameservice plugin is active (with the httpinfo output)
> Plugins cannot communicate with each other, so the httpinfo/txtinfo plugin is
> not aware of the internal state of the nameservice plugin.

This means that the only way to know if the nameservice plugin is active is to check the existence of the latlon file....logically in the default position....however this is not a good solution...any suggestions?

>> 2) check the path of the latlon.js file (or if changed, the new name and
>> path)
>> 3) to do step 2 I need to know the position of the olsr.conf file and
>> parse it
>> 4) read the content of the file generated by nameservice plugin (I
>> already can do this)
> Maybe you could add the path/name of the latlon.js file into the configuration
> of your program instead of looking in the OLSRd conf for it ?

One of the main goal of this project is to completly remove config file....when the application starts it should be able to discover olsrd configuration ....

Also for this....any suggestions?

>> For step 2, there is a way to discover the position of the olsr.conf
>> file?  If the user change the default value how I can check the new
>> position?
> No, there is no easy way to do this.
>
> Different distributions (debian, openwrt, native compile) place their
> configurations into different paths.

I have to do a "settings" panel in which users can specify the correct paths....this means have a config file that can be modified from the application at runtime...
This solution can also resolve some of the previous problems....what do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Stefano Pilla