[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.6.0 might be released this weekend

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 29 15:55:32 CEST 2010

Hello,

After some testing for version 0.6.0 we might get a release this weekend
(unless someone cries that something does not work).

With the beginning of 0.6.0 we will change our number scheme a bit to clean it
up.

1.) There will be no "release candidate" versions (-rcX). The first release
will always be a 0.x.0 (or 1.x.0...)
2.) A bugfix release will increase the third number, so the first bugfix release
of 0.6.0 will be 0.6.1
3) The next feature release will be 0.7.0

I hope this will prevent the confusion about -rcX and -rX version number
postfixes we had with 0.5.6.

OLSRd 0.6.0 is the last feature version which depends on the 0.5.6 codebase.
0.7.0 will be based on the current master branch and we hope we will never
split apart our stable/development codebase again this far.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE