[Olsr-dev] SmartGW client side questions

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 26 14:05:04 CEST 2010

Hey,

really sorry to bother you again. This time it's the client side. It's adds
an ipip tunnel without a local IP (ip ru add [funnyname] mode ipip remote
[gateway-ip]). While this does not work with kernel-2.4 (instists on "local
[ip-of-mesh-iface]") I ask myself: what's the expected behaviour? Should the
kernel execute an implicit "ip route get [remote-ip-of-tunnel]" lookup

[ ] for every packet to send
[ ] when creating the tunnel

Moreover: I do not have internet at home and I want a second smartgw-server.
>From my home, this is me -> mesh -> gw -> smartgw1 -> smartgw2. How do I
select smartgw2 manually (because I expect it to loose the ETX/metric
battle)?

// Sven-Ola