[Olsr-dev] Idea for small OLSR improvement

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 25 10:17:10 CEST 2010

setting vtime to infinite will let you keep all rubbish forever, not only if
it the rubbish was the last link,..

as tcs are (luckily) somewhat different too mid/hnas, as they can actively
delete old links with a new tc,.. having infinite tc-vtimes is not that
problematic,..
combined with an broken/disabled mpr, and (some) olsrd only accepting links
with tc from both sides (making such rubbish link unreachable), this might
boil down to being currently practically identical,..

but as above olsr-limitations shall not stay forever, it is no good idea to
use infinite vtimes,.. and maybe there are even scenarious with actual olsrd
where they can make u problems

btw a mid/hna with an infinite vtime, will be around "forever" (ok this
means ~ 50 days), and might cause some heavy "confusions"

Markus