[Olsr-dev] Idea for small OLSR improvement

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 25 00:07:57 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Markus Kittenberger
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> with the vtimes in txtinfo u can now check if "everywhere" all entries have
> acceptable high vtimes all the time *G
> e.g. never reach below originators.validitytime/2

Why OLSRd does not do this? For example we have everywhere the same
configuration. So it could assume that originators' configuration is
the same as its own and check all this stuff and print some warning to
log or something.

It seems to me it would be really searching for a needle in the
haystack with some other approach. Especially because there is a lot
of data necessary to capture and analyze.

> which validity time u choose is usually a trade off between how
> stable/reliable routing u want at the most distant and worst connected parts
> of the mesh.
> vs. how long u want information about routers an links that don`t exist
> anymore to be lying around and potentially even getting used for routing
> (resulting in routes that will very likely not work,... )-;)

As I started this thread it is obvious that I do not see any problems
with routes being left in place even if they do not work anymore. :-)

> p.s when using fisheye use larger tc validity times!!

Can you check our configuration I posted in prior e-mail?

I disabled fisheye just because of this problems some time ago.

Mitar