[Olsr-dev] Idea for small OLSR improvement

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 24 15:21:14 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> If you just want to keep the routes from the moment before the connection was
> lost active, we need some kind of memory what kind of routes we "maintained".
> Because if we don't do this, some routes might stay up forever if the target
> left the mesh before we got reconnected (and the route is never set again).

Yes. But for nodes which are positioned around the city this is not a
problem if the route is there waiting for node to reconnect. In any
case it does not have connectivity so it does not matter if there is
some route hanging. (Especially if you put all OLSR routes in special
routing table.)

> I'm not sure this is easy to do because our route creation/removal is directly
> hardcoded in the dijkstra algorithm.

Yes, I have been checking this. But is this really a problem? Logic
would be simply that:
- if we want to remove the route and it is the last one, we do not remove it
- if we want to add a route and from our computation there was no
route before (just maybe that forgotten one) we just clear all routes
and add this new route

Mitar