[Olsr-dev] Plugin initialization error

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 11 10:55:34 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag 11 April 2010 09:39:19 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>
wrote:
> > What should the core do instead of just exit ? I think the return value
> > has been there for a long time, maybe it will become more useful in a
> > further revision of the plugin interface.
>
> OK. But the point is that in stable version (not devel version) OLSR
> does not check the return value of init function (and exit on error):
>
> OLSR_PRINTF(1, "Running plugin_init function...\n");
> entry->plugin_init();
> return rv;
>
> When will this checking be moved to stable version?
It will definitely be in 0.7.0 (which will be the next stable version made
from the current master branch), but I'm not sure if we should put it into
0.6.0 (the upcoming stable one based on 0.5.6 which we are testing at the
moment). It might break some plugins out there if we change the initialization
system.

What do you think ?

Henning Rogge

--