[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 14 01:18:33 CEST 2009

On Sunday 13 of September 2009, Henning Rogge wrote:
> The current patch is a step towards a "linklocal-interface" OLSR network,
> but I remember (now) there were some problems why we did not made the full
> step in 0.5.6. If you deploy the patch in a mixed setup (some with
> sourceip, some without them), you cannot kill the MID messages because this
> will break legacy support. If you have a pure sourceip-patch, you could (I
> think) just set the TTL of the MIDs to 2, that would be enough.

What exactly do you mean by 2-hop neighbours ? Shouldn't link-local addresses
only be used by 1-hop neighbours ? Also would setting MID TTL on the source
node (the one using link-local addresses on its interfaces and therefore
generating MID messages) be enough and why not ?

All in all, I am wondering what kind of problems one can expect in a mesh
containing both "link-local-interface" nodes and "old" nodes as gradual
deployment is always needed when there are existing nodes in the mesh.
--
Jernej Kos <(spam-protected)>