[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 15:18:26 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 15:14:29 schrieb Mitar:
> What kind of problems are there? Because we are using it quite
> successfully and have not seen any problems with it. I think this
> should be supported. To have multiple interfaces with same IP address.
> It is like having one interface and seeing multiple nodes - for each
> link you have LQ. So why not have another link which just happens to
> go over some other medium/interface, like Internet (VPN) or another
> wifi card.
Most times it works well. There are some special cases where neighbors of
nodes with multiple similar IPs have problems to get a good idea of the LQs of
their twohop-neighbor links. Because they are only identified by interface-
IPs.

> > I hope we can make everyone stopping this when Markus "source-ip" Patch
> > will be introduced with the next version of OLSR.
>
> Can you explain or point me to more information about this?
We have a working patch that every node only has one "routable" IP, so you can
(most times) just use IPv6 linklocal IPs for your interfaces. The only IPs
propagated beyond your neighborhood will be your "global" IP and your attached
networks (HNAs).