[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 14:23:39 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Henning Rogge<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Some people use lqmult to control what internet gateway they are using. That's
> a bad sollution for a problem that MUST be solved.
>
> If you start to try optimizing routes to certain nodes with lqmult, it get
> really messy if multiple people start doing this.

Agreed. I agree that using LinkQualityMult to say "I do not like that
node" is bad, but using LinkQualityMult to say "please do not use my
node/interface if it is not really necessary" is something else. And
currently LinkQualityMult is not good even for this as it sets LQ only
in one direction and then it is strange to have LQ 1 and ILQ 5 on a
link which is otherwise lossless. That is why I would like to see
something more like "willingness" I have described. Which would
influence end ETX value not all (real) values calculated by different
metrics.

> If a node is bad then the NODE should be flagged as bad, either by the node
> itself or by a collective decission of all neighbors. Just setting lq_mult to
> 0.5 on a single neighbor does not solve the problem of a bad node.

Agreed. So this would help also your situation and ours. Just
currently there is no nice way to flag your own node/interface as
"bad".

Mitar