[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 13:57:13 CEST 2009

On Saturday 05 of September 2009, Jernej Kos wrote:
> On Saturday 05 of September 2009, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > Okay, Bug should be fixed now. It only happened with etx_fpm, so nobody
> > noticed (I suggest everyone should use etx_ff metric).
>
> But I was using etx_ff and not etx_fpm. The problem might be because
> multiple interfaces have the same IP address, but this has been handled
> correctly in version 0.5.5.

Ok, I have looked into the code a bit and found the problem - it is in
link_set.c in set_loss_link_multiplier. Olsrd should use the interface name
for looking up the information when that is available (instead of the IP
address). Patch that fixes the problem can be found here:

  http://packages.wlan-lj.net/patches/olsrd-0.5.6-lq_mult_fix.patch

Best regards,
Jernej Kos.
--