[Olsr-dev] inconsistency in MID handling

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Thu May 7 13:37:42 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 01:29:28PM +0200, Henning Rogge wrote:
|    Am Thursday 07 May 2009 13:23:09 schrieb Hannes Gredler:
|    > hi peter,
|    >
|    > yes, you are right - the MID route handling is broken.
|    > i'd be more in favour of cleaning up the house when the TC entry
|    > is expiring - see: http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/rev/85de989ea1d6
|    > such that we do not have stale MID entries hanging around.
|    > (since the TC hookup point is deleted there is no way we
|    > can locate those MID entries any longer (ultimately they will
|    > expire, since they have a running MID timer)
|    MID have long intervals and long timeouts... I think it would be better
|    to "re-hook" MID entries when the TC had a timeout and is created
|    again.

it may get a bit "dirty" to achieve this, since we would need to move the
avl_delete() call into olsr_tc_unlock() before freeing memory, otherwise
the TC "hookup point" does not become locatable. - this in turn may
create all sort of yet invisible side-effects (caused by events like
main IP address change etc.).

/hannes