[Olsr-dev] olsrd mdns plug-in works

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 18 10:52:27 CET 2009

>> If I do "olsrd -f /etc/olsrd.conf -d 0" and the dameon goes into
>> background then no route is added to the routing table.
>>
>> Is this a known bug ??
>
> Yes. It's a uClibc + pthread related problem, not related to OLSR.
> Use start-stop-daemon or "&" together with "-nofork" to get it running.

I confirm that without thread everything works fine !

Yesterday we tried our current tip of the 0.5.6 branch:
http://hg.ninux.org/hg/olsrd-0.5.6-mdns/graph

and using the init.d (-nofork enabled) olsr works fine and also the
mdns-plugin (without threads!) works fine ! :)

If somebody wants to try it on OpenWRT here is our modified olsrd
package for the build root:
https://svn.ninux.org/ninuxdeveloping/browser/packages/olsrd
And here directions on how to compile in the OpenWRT buildroot
http://wiki.ninux.org/olsrd-mdns

Now I will continue with testing and code clean up and of course documentation.

Is possible to have this plugin included in the mainstream in the future ?

Saverio