[Olsr-dev] mdns plugin how to remove threads

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 9 18:50:42 CET 2009

> Multithreading is bad on some embedded uclib versions.
> Multithreading AND accessing OLSR data structures is worse.
>
> You don't want to look through a lot of AVL trees which could change DURING
> your tree traversal.

Hi,

I was trying to remove the thread from the code, and so I understood
why I was needing the thread :)

I have a blocking select() that waits for incoming sniffed packets.
If I remove the thread the whole olsrd daemon stops waiting for a packet.

If I put a timeout to the select, I may get a high CPU load and I
guess maybe I can lose some sniffed packet ...

So, any hint to remove the thread?
I don't know how to do this without threads :(

You will find here https://hg.ninux.org/hg/olsrd-ninux-messy a "NoThread" branch

Saverio