[Olsr-dev] Idea for a new plugin

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 9 15:27:09 CET 2009

> It seems like your plugin only forwards the mDNS-packets, or does it
> implement any other part of the mDNS like caching (both positive and
> negative answers), service records, announce of node IP address?
> Or do you rely on other software to announce services and the node IP adress
> and name?

Hello,

yes the goal of the plugin is only to forward mDNS packets.

We are testing the plugin with Avahi to announce the services.
Actually the nodes do not announce anything via mDNS. The mDNS traffic
is generated from hosts attached to the HNA networks.

Anyway, sniffig and sending packets also on loopback should be enogh
to forward also the mDNS traffic generated from the AP itself :)

Saverio