[Olsr-dev] patch to mdns plugin to align messages to 4 bytes

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 26 16:23:41 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I've been informed of a bug of the mdns plugin. The mdns messages were
not aligned to 4 bytes.

Attached there is a patch that fixes this problem.

Some padding is added to align to 4 bytes.

To strip the padding at the receiver I did _not_ add an extra length
field. I used the length field already present in the encapsulated IP
packet. Basically the payload itself was carrying information about
its length so it had no sense to add an extra field.

If the patch looks good to everybody I'm going ahead to push to the
development repository.

Should I change the version number of the plugin ?

Thanks

Saverio