[Olsr-dev] [OLSR-dev] OLSR for Windows Mobile platforms by?Moviquity

sebastian sauer (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 15 17:58:10 CEST 2009

Wed 15 Jul 2009 17:30, sebastian sauer wrote:
> yet, some say Isotonicity is when the direction of the trend (in our case: the path
> ETX sum) is strictly increasing, while monotonic could imply a trend that is either
> strictly increasing or strictly decreasing.
>
> so from this POV we have monotonic anyway ;)

uuups. on a 2nd thinking. this is bullshit what i wrote.

since ETX a float from the range [0;1] we'll always have (strictly)
increasing but *never* decreasing.

so yes, okay i finnally understand why the routing guys say "isotonicity"
and rarely "monotonic"