[Olsr-dev] ok , located the bug in Mac OS X

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 17 01:57:03 CET 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:

> Hey,
>
> ja - davon schwaetze ich seit 1.5 Wochen. Ich warte auf das Ergebnis
> von
> Aarons Test: Einmal Tip und Einmai Tip+Patch (nochmal anbei) und das
> zu
> reparieren. Ich kann es nur auf FreeBSD testen, vermute aber OSX ist
> da ganz
> aehnlich...

hi!

(oops german :)
ok... brief feedback - i finally had some time now to get back to that
test. No more Conficker.B tracking...

So:

tip as of now() does not compile again on OS X out of the box:

h -Wcast-qual -Wshadow -Wsequence-point -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -
Wnested-externs -Winline -Wdisabled-optimization -Werror -funit-at-a-
time -finline-limit=350" -C lib/$dir LIBDIR=/usr/lib;done
src/NetworkInterfaces.c:53:43: error: linux/if_ether.h: No such file
or directory
src/NetworkInterfaces.c:54:89: error: linux/if_packet.h: No such file
or directory
src/NetworkInterfaces.c:55:40: error: linux/if_tun.h: No such file or
directory
src/Bmf.c:51:43: error: linux/if_ether.h: No such file or directory
src/Bmf.c:52:72: error: linux/if_packet.h: No such file or directory
*** BMF Plugin only supported on Linux, sorry!
make: *** [libs] Error 2
ultrastabil:olsrd aaron$

a make uberclean fixed that. I guess there were some left over .c
files which it wanted to compile.
Ok, so much for that!

Sven-O: your patch on top of tip works until now!
I will stress test it some more but it looks good.

There is one unpleasant effect in OS X:
it still believes that plugins are in /usr/local/lib even if you say
make PREFIX=/usr build_all
So the respective plugin loading section in /etc/olsrd.conf will not
find the plugins.

a.