[Olsr-dev] question #LDFLAGS_EXE += -Wl,-export-dynamic

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 12 11:06:58 CET 2009

Hey,

really!? I recently splitted LDFLAGS into LDFLAGS and LDFLAGS_EXE. Maybe
I've overseen that was overwritten with the MacOS specific Makefile snippet.
Reason: for the executable, we may want extended LDFLAGS=--dynamics-list (if
the linker supports that).

When using GCC, you'll need that when linking. Otherwise, the plugins will
not run. The olsrd executable needs to export all what's imported by the
plugins. That's what the option is for.

Can sme. shed some light on this and send me the MacOS output of:

>  ld --help
or
> gcc -Wl,--help

Thank you.