[Olsr-dev] Some reflections on link state routing and metrics

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 9 13:45:51 CET 2009

Am Monday 09 February 2009 13:12:57 schrieb L. Aaron Kaplan:
> So, I believe it is an interesting discussion which was started with
> the range of possible metric values.
> What about using metric values from different sources such as
> effective bandwidth etc but on a limited range?
we could use something like a logarithm on the available bandwith before apply
it the the metric value. This way larger bandwidth will mean better linkcost,
but highspeed links would not dominate the metric easily.

(a logarithm base 2 would be easy to implement in integer arithmetic)

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Maurus Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Joachim Ender (Stellv.)