[Olsr-dev] Some reflections on link state routing and metrics

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 9 08:52:14 CET 2009

> Some additional remark: This is much worse for funkfeuer like networks
> (with centralistic uplink organisation) than for freifunk like
> networks
> (with O(n) uplink gateways) because funkfeuer tends to have long
> routes,
> where it is much more likely to hit a loop. I guess that also explains
> why so many olsrd bugs have been found in Vienna.

No..... actually you are not correct here.
The average number of hops is quite small (~ 4) since it is pretty
well cross connected.
The average number of hops in freifunk networks is a bit longer in fact.

a.