[Olsr-dev] olsrd etx + plugin

Joe Gio (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 19 14:42:11 CEST 2009

Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Sonntag 19 April 2009 10:13:20 (spam-protected) wrote:
>
>> I have decided to upgrade to the latest development version so that I can
>> use your LQ-Plugin modification suggestion. One problem though, my modified
>> plugin now will not be loaded due to an error: undefined symbol:
>> pthread_create. My plugin includes the pthread.h file so that it can be run
>> in a separate thread (pthread_create) apart from the main olsrd thread.
>> This was working fine on the previous version of olsr.
>>
> I think we removed pthreads from the main olsrd makefile, it's only still
> there for BMF.
>
> why do you need a thread of your own ? Maybe registering a timer with the OLSR
> scheduler might be easier ?
>
> Henning

I have tried using the timer/select method with bmf and the multicast
performance was very poor w/high data rates.
I ended up using a mutex in the main olsr processing loop and any other
thread(s) that might be created.
Also the main olsr thread is set with a high "real-time" priority vs
other threads.
Joe Gio