[Olsr-dev] OLSRv2 packetbb parser

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 9 18:49:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 18:24, Hannes Gredler <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> probably we should refactor the TCv1 & Hellov1 build code first,
> such that it generates both v1 & v2 Messages - we need to do this
> anyway since we are in need to have a transition vehicle.
Difficult, but maybe not impossible. OLSRv2 Hellos (NHDP to be more
exact) have no concept of "originator address", they just put their
own addresses into the hello (marked with special TLVs). MIDs
information have to go into this to...

TCs are similar to OLSRv1 TCs, but they contain the MID and HNA
information, so we must do some kind of "data aggregation". I will see
that I get a rought packetbb generator ready as soon as possible so we
can test this idea... if it works, it might be the best way to move
from OLSRv1 to OLSRv2... first get our old client be able to talk with
V2 (even if it's inefficient), then get a new client which talks V2
naturally and has a compatiblity layer to understand V1...

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)