[Olsr-dev] nameservice plugin for Windows with olsr 0.5.6

Olivier Brousse (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 9 18:37:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'am currently working on the porting of olsr nameservice plugin for
windows version of olsrd 0.5.6 and I have some problems with
mapwrite_init and mapwrite_exit functions that uses fifos (which are not
supported in WIN32). There is one comment in mapwrite.c that may be
useful but I do not understand it well :

#ifndef WIN32

/*
 * Windows doesn't know fifo's AFAIK. We better write
 * to a file (done in nameservice.c, see #ifdef WIN32)
 */

Can you provide me more informations on this writing files procedure?
What is the code in nameservice.c that is referenced here?

Thank in advance.
OlivierB.